#MondayMusings : 5 ways to make Mondays better
Has there been a Monday that you have or had looked forward to? Okay, I think I can pick a few Mondays but let me tell you that all of those Mondays weren’t ordinary. Most of the time, we hate Mondays. The very thought of a Monday makes most of us sad (me included). And if you ask me, Mondays after long weekend are the worst and this Monday being the one that follows the long weekend isn’t a pleasant one for most of us.
But why are Mondays so bad? Or are they really bad?
If you have been reading my posts on my blog, you may have noticed that I hate Mondays for the chaos they bring with the order of routine. But no matter how much I hate Mondays, I’ve to live through them – week after week. The Mondays that I’ve loved so far have been the ones that are special! A holiday on a Monday – how perfect is that? (But Tuesday has to bear the brunt of that!) Or an interesting event happening on a Monday makes me look forward to Mondays. But if its just a plain,old Monday that’s when we begin to hate it!
I am on a quest to make my Mondays better. If I want to live my life to the fullest, it makes no sense to hate something that occurs every week. Hence the idea of making Mondays better, of making my Mondays count. Here are somethings that I’m trying to do.
- Stay organized – Being organized always helps. When you can easily find the things you need on a Monday morning without having to turn the whole house upside down, your Monday has begun well! I’ve been trying to do a few things on Sunday nights that help me be better prepared for the Monday.
- Wear one of your favourite things – Be that new top you bought during your weekend purchase or that favourite watch of yours, adding something nice of yours to Monday makes it better. Remember even little things matter!
- Do something you love in the morning – One of the reasons we hate Mondays is because we are supposed to do things that we don’t want to do. But if you’d add even 5 minutes of something that you like doing, Monday mornings would be better. For me its reading a page or two before I go to work and also picking a few songs to listen to while I walk to work. I understand that time can be a constraint and hence just one little thing!
- Have something to look forward to – There may be a meeting that you don’t want to attend or a task that you just don’t want to do. But trust me that there will always be something that you like to do. Look forward to it and if possible try doing it first. We are so tuned to look at the negatives, that we do not look at the positives. Find that that something that you look forward to!
- Treat yourself – We love weekends because they give us the freedom to do the things that we want to do. Weekdays are busy. In the midst of the chaos, its hard to find peace. You can’t always do what makes you happy, but you can do it sometimes. So after a long Monday, treat yourself. Small treats! (If you are a shopaholic, please don’t follow this 😛 I won’t be responsible if you are bankrupt 😀 ) An ice cream on your way back from work, a bar of chocolate, a few minutes more of your favourite show or something like that!
I’m trying to do these things to make my Mondays better and I can say I’m getting better with dealing with Mondays. And yes, Mondays aren’t the monsters that we’ve made them to be. They are just days of the week. We are the monsters for making Mondays the monsters. So tell me, how do you deal with Mondays? Any tips and tricks?
P.S. : Note to self : Practice what you preach : P
I am taking part in The Write Tribe Problogger October 2017 Blogging Challenge