#AtoZChallenge : To J K Rowling

Image Source
Dear Joanne,
I’ve never met you and you don’t know me, yet you have made a lot
of difference in my life. I hope that you are doing well. Many a times the
people whom we meet make an impact on our lives, but you made an impact without
even actually being there in my life. So this letter is just to let you know
about it.
It all started when I was a 10 year old. I watched the first Harry
Potter movie. I am sorry that I never knew about the books till then. But that
movie led me to discover the books. I couldn’t buy them as those were really
difficult times for me at home. I burrowed them from my friends and I slowly
read all of them. Once I picked up a book, I couldn’t stop. I was mesmerized by
Harry’s world- Hogwarts, the spells and potions, Quidditch, the mystical
creatures, Platform 9 3/4th . But most importantly I was in awe of
the characters that you had created. Harry’s bravery, Hermione’s wit, Ron’s
loyalty, Snape’s true love, each of them taught me a lesson I’d never forget. I
always marvel your attention for detail. It is amazing how you created a
different world just by the power of your words. Gradually I started reading
more about you.
“It is impossible to live without failing at
something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived
at all, in which case you have failed by default.”
– J. K. Rowling

I quote your own words, words that inspired
me. When I first started reading your books, I was going through difficult
times. I’d never realized that you had been through a lot of hardships before
your books saw the light of day. All that time I was just cribbing about the
problems I had and I never saw the opportunities that those problems gave me,
the lessons that they taught me. You taught me about the power of imagination
and the power of words when combined is wonderful. And that inspired me to
write.
I may never be as great a writer as you are.
But you helped me start. Your life and your books taught me lessons that are
essential. Thank you for being such an awesome author and for the impact that
you have on my life.
Love,
Reema
Note: For those of you are unaware, J K Rowling is famous as the author of the Harry Potter series of books. Her other books include Casual Vacancy, The Cuckoo’s Calling, The Silkworm.
I’m taking up the #AtoZChallenge and my theme is “A letter for a letter”. So make sure you read
all the letters from A to Z.
 Also participating in the Ultimate Blog Challenge.

29 Comments Add yours

1. Aathira says:

Thank you for writing this. Rowling has made such an impact on my life with the world of Harry Potter. It makes me feel safe when I went back and re read the entire series couple of months back. She is pure genius!

1. reemwrites says:

Same here, the impact that she had on my life was immense.

2. I love this! =D

Boldly Going Through the Alphabet!
    @shanjeniah
    Part-Time Minion for Holton's Heroes
    shanjeniah's Lovely Chaos

3. Absolutely fabulous. Rowling has impacted everyone in some way, and a few in many ways.
    [@samantha_rjsdr] from
    Whimsical Compass

Yes she has. Thank you 🙂

4. Dixita mour says:

She is my inspiration to read and write 🙂
    Loved the way you explained your gratitude towards her .

She is Awesome and you too are.

@dixita011 from
    Cafenined words

5. Dixita mour says:

She is my inspiration to read and write 🙂
    Loved the way you explained your gratitude towards her .

She is Awesome and you too are.

@dixita011 from
    Cafenined words

6. WOW! You won my heart by writing a letter to JK Rowling!
    There's a quote by her that is my life motto: "I would like to be remembered as someone who did the best she could with the talent she had." It captures the essence of being your best so well!
    And yes, I too saw the movies before I read the books. I just re-read the entire series for the tenth time this March during Board exams. And I learnt so many new things, even after knowing the dialogues and plot and characters at the back of my hand!

She's truly a great personality. And her tweets are terrific. Specially when she counters weird questions by fans!

Great going, Reema <3

1. reemwrites says:

Awww.. Mithila! Thank you 🙂 And 10th time? Are you serious! Amazing.

7. Shalini says:

I'm so happy that you wrote this letter. She is simply awesome! I hope she reads this. 🙂
    Visit to read Army Wife Tales at Tale of Two Tomatoes
    You can also drop in to check 26 Chicken Recipes at Something's Cooking

I'm glad you liked it Shalini 🙂

8. Archana says:

Her work is fantastic and her life story is inspiring! I have enjoyed reading all books of the Harry Potter series despite being of another age group!
    A wonderful letter. I hope she does read it!
    @yenforblue from
    Spice of Life!

I hope she does too! Thank you 🙂

9. Kokila S says:

Push Money App
    You are following a weight maintenance plan for several weeks now, making awesome changes in your body and suddenly you have stopped seeing any progress despite your continued efforts. Your biggest fear has become true; you've reached the dreaded weight loss plateau. It is the time when nothing works, no matter what you do.

10. Unknown says:

Imagine, if she had given up after any one of her 12 rejection letters, we would never have been introduced to Harry Potter! Love her spirit and her books.

Cheers!
    Modern Gypsy

1. reemwrites says:

Exactly! That is the spirit each one of us must have. 🙂

11. Kala Ravi says:

This is one lady we all Potterheads are ardently in eternal debt of! I remember reading the Goblet of Fire first somehow and then being so floored by it, I went scrambling to search for the earlier parts and devoured them day-in-day-out! Yes we have much to be thankful to Rowling!
    @KalaRavi16 from
    Relax-N-Rave

1. reemwrites says:

She has touched so many of our lives, hasn't she?

12. Wow… good to know the one who inspired you to write. She's actually very determined and she proved that with her long lives struggles. Nice one ! 🙂

@TirelessReader from RandomRagas

13. My Era says:

Loved…loved…loved this heartfelt tribute to the author who inspired you to write and how.
    She sure is a powerful person besides being a fantastic writer.
    Way to go girl you're amazing with your fantastic takes on every letter in a letter 🙂

@theerailivedin from The Era I Lived In

I am glad you loved it 🙂 Thank you for all the love 🙂

14. A Powerful Tribute and feels Like a letter from my heart too Reema 🙂

Glad to know that. 🙂

15. Ramya Rao says:

I watched the movie first too. And then I happened to get the order of phoenix.I read the first few chapters and it did not make sense. After a few days I re read those chapters again and the never stopped. I then started reading the other parts. Brilliant post. That reminds me of my wish to be gifted by the bookset 😛

1. reemwrites says:

Initially it doesn't make sense especially if don't start from the first book. Gifted the bookset huh? Nice gift me one 😛

16. GauravL says:

Excellent post — She has certainly made all our lives different than what they wouldve been– Even i was gifted the 1-4 Bookset @ 11-12Years of Age —
    I for one would never have become an avid reader without the Potter_Books — N i simply cannot imagine my life today without being able to enjoy the pleasures of Reading..