5 Blogging resources for the busy blogger
Balancing a day job and blogging regularly is not an easy task. The various tasks at work and then the daily chores are enough to drain me out of all the energy that I have. As a result, there is barely any time or energy to blog. But I can’t stop blogging because that is something that I really enjoy doing. It is my stress buster after work. But blogging involves a lot of things and at times it may get overwhelming. Here are the few resources that I’m using to help me blog better.
- Evernote: Evernote is my favourite software when it comes to writing my posts. Evernote is available for both desktop and also as a smartphone application. This makes writing easy for me. There are times when I have to stop writing a post before I’m completely done because of various reasons. Later, I may find the time to write the rest of the post but I do not carry my laptop everywhere. What do I do? Write on Evernote. It syncs both the app and desktop software. You can write when you find the time!
- Pixabay: Photography is not something that I’m good at. Being a person who loves visuals, I need images in my posts. Pixabay is my go to website! There are many beautiful pictures under various categories and all those images are of good resolutions. So all I have to do is go to Pixabay and search for the relevant keyword.
- Canva : We are done with finding images for the post. But there are times when just the image isn’t enough. You may need to design a poster or add some text to an existing image. There are a lot of image editing softwares that do that. But Canva is the simple and easy choice! It has a lot of default designs elements to choose from. You can use the templates or choose to design your own. Whatever be the situation, Canva makes image editing and designing a lot easier. My blog logo was entirely designed in Canva! You can check it out here.
- Hootsuite : A lot of hard work goes into writing a post. But as a blogger, the work is not over yet. Writing is just the beginning. There are so many things to do post writing. When you write a post and hit publish, the world may not be aware of the new post that you have just posted. But you do not have time during your busy day at work to keep sharing with people your new post. But then we have Hootsuite to the rescue! You can schedule tweets and Facebook posts in advance. So you don’t have to worry about not being able to post during the day!
- Books, Life and Social media for ideas: It is overwhelming at times to keep finding something new to write about each day. But ideas seem to come to use from all sides we just have to look for them. There are days when you face Writer’s block and are unable to do anything. When faced with such situations, I often read Quora and check the topics that popular. This gives me an idea of what people would like to read. I often write down quotes from books and then use them as the base for the various post ideas I may have or the ones I don’t have at all!
These were few of the resources that have helped me. Do you know any other resources that would helped you? Do let me know!
I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words #6.
The prompt for Day 2 is Share about a resource/s you have or use