10 things I want to do before 2014 ends

I have always loved making lists. List of things to do, list of things that I have, list of things to buy when shopping, list of things to pack while travelling, list of books to read, list of posts to write and the list of lists goes on and on. While I was thinking about what to write today I came across this prompt to write a post with a list. And so here is the list of things that I want to do before the year ends. Yes I don’t make resolutions at the start of the year, I make them when I feel like and at this point of time I feel like completing a few things before this year ends.

1. I want to get into the habit of walking at least for half an hour daily. I used to have this habit but then I stopped it after college started this academic year. Yeah, time is the reason but I still want to make it habit and some how manage time.
  2. I want to have at least 200 posts on my blog by the end of the year. At the start of the year I had planned to write 100 posts this year and I am very close to achieving that. So now raising the bar.
  3. Another blog related thing- I want to make sure that my blog crosses at least 25,000 views at the end of the year. And yes more comments as well.
  4. I want to improve my culinary skills. Mom has been telling me since forever but I have never made regular serious attempts πŸ˜› When I feel cooking, I go and do something (That happens rarely :-D) So want to be regular with it.
  5. I want to buy a few good books and finish reading them so that I can finish my Goodreads Book Challenge for the year. Suggestions for books please.
  6. I want to clean my clothes cupboard and remove from it all the clothes that I no longer wear.
  7. I want to go on a vacation for few days before the end of the year. I rarely go out of Hubli πŸ™ So this is something that I badly want to do.
  8. I want to continue my habit of learning something new everyday and finish at least two online courses by the end of the year.
  9. I want to take better care of myself as my health has been great of recent. And yes I want to get a longer sleep at night.
  10. I want to put off putting things off so that I can do all the things that I have planned to do.

So these are the things that I want to do. And yes I have the habit of completing things only when I take it up as a challenge. Hopefully this will be one. More challenges to complete, more to accomplish. So what do you want to do before 2014 ends? Do comment.

Writing this post for Day 1 of Rediscovering your blogging groove on Write Tribe and also for Day 11 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge.

16 Comments Add yours

1. shailajav says:

Wow, that's quite a list and I hope you get to achieve it all by the end of the year. Just 2.5 months left! But, with determination, anything is possible. Good luck πŸ™‚

1. reemwrites says:

I am trying to. As I said, the thing about me is that I get things done when I am challenged. So this is my way of challenging myself.
      Thank you for reading and commenting πŸ™‚

2. PATTIPEANUT says:

You have an amazing list! Have fun on your journey. Online courses can be so much fun and yet so challenging. I too am trying to increase my number of posts on my blog as well the number of views and comments. So I hope you are successful.

1. reemwrites says:

Thank you πŸ™‚ And good luck for the things that you want to do πŸ™‚

3. Reema,

This is a great idea, to make a list of things you want to do — like a bucket list πŸ™‚ I love making lists, too. Checking off each thing is so satisfying!

Book suggestions: The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden by Jonas Jonasson and Winter Palace by Eva Stachniak. I'm reading them both right now. I like King of Sweden a bit more because it's funnier, but Winter Palace is engrossing.

In peace and passion,
    Laurie

1. reemwrites says:

Yeah lists are fun πŸ™‚ Thank you for the book suggestions πŸ™‚

4. That's very ambitious Mish.
    How many views do you have as of today? πŸ˜›
    Yea you need to tc of your health…..
    And best of luck for the rest.. πŸ™‚

1. reemwrites says:

I know πŸ˜› But I will give it a try. And as of now I have 22349 views πŸ˜€ Thank you πŸ™‚

5. Nabanita says:

I made a similar list πŸ™‚ Wish you all the best for the list

Random Thoughts Naba – Where will they belong to?

1. reemwrites says:

Yeah I read your list πŸ™‚ Thank you πŸ™‚

6. nibhz says:

It was nice reading your list! Hope you tick them off before the year ends.

1. reemwrites says:

Hope I will be able to πŸ™‚

7. monica malik says:

For point number-7 : Consider GOA..:D just about 5 hours away from hubli..:D
    I'd love to host you..<3 πŸ™‚

1. reemwrites says:

Awww.. that is so sweet of you Monica πŸ™‚ I would love to come to Goa πŸ˜€

8. Shilpa Garg says:

Very do-able wish list! I am sure you will be able to tick off all from this list! Happy walking, writing, reading, cooking and vacationing too πŸ™‚